Global By-Pass and Chilled Water System Replacement to Live Tier IV Data Center
UPS Global By-Pass / Chilled Water Loop Installation in live Tier IV Data Center.
- Chilled Water Loop Installation and New CRAC Units
- The project involved replacement of existing Schedule 10 chilled water piping with Schedule 80 piping serving 23 computer room air conditioning (CRAC) units. 5 new CRAC units were also furnished and installed. The project was completed in four phases allowing portions of
this Tier IV Data Center to remain fully operational. Two secondary chilled water pumps and associated variable frequency drives were also replaced.
- UPS (A) and (B) Global Wrap-Around
- Development and execution of 10 Level 1 fully-scripted Critical Work Authorizations/MOP’s incorporating the use of double custody switching tags for each switch/breaker energized or de-energized.
- Re-circuiting and decoupling from UPS (C ) and UPS(D).
- Installation of four new static transfer switches.